- Region: Likely Isfahan, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: Late 1700s.
- Dimensions: 344 mm in height, 215 mm in circumference.
- Weight: 612 grams.
- Colour: Pale yellow with a rich blue-green lip.
Extremely thin glass, very light for its size. Rouletted lip appears a rich sea-blue/green mix, much thicker than the glass. Snapped off, unfinished lip, smooth base.
Wide neck Karaba – a highly unique and striking form, made of extremely thin, light glass.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased May 2014, formerly in a Montreal, QC collection, originally found in Isfahan.
- Literature: None.
- Related Works outside of this collection:
This particular wide-neck form appears to be unique in my research thus far.