- Region: Possibly Shiraz, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: Early to mid-1700s.
- Dimensions: 193 mm in height, 145 mm by 121 mm circumference.
- Weight: 567 grams.
- Colour: Green aqua.
1.5 rings of glass stringing around neck, rounded lip with inner edge, solid pontilled based.
Unique form for this collection; unique lip finish as well. Bulbous, squat, substantial. Over time and repeated handling, the stringing around the neck of these bottles becomes more pragmatically useful and less decorative – it substantially aids in the handling of the bottles.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased from the Fairbourne collection in November 2012; previously in the Brintnall collection.
- Condition: 17 mm and 10 mm star cracks in the body. Full surface gloss.
- Related Works outside of this collection: