- Region: Possibly Shiraz, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: Early to mid-1700s.
- Dimensions: 150 mm in height, 115 mm circumference.
- Weight: 682 grams
- Colour: Green
2 rings of glass rigaree around neck, v-tooled lip, open pontilled based.
Rich, deep glass, very thick and heavy – almost as though it were constructed to hold contents that were under substantial pressure. Heavy even basal wear – this bottle did not sit on a shelf quietly – it had a very busy working life.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased from the Fairbourne collection in June 2012; previously in the Brintnall collection.
- Condition: Very near mint.
- Related Works outside of this collection: