- Region: Likely Shiraz, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: Mid to late 1600s.
- Dimensions: 297 mm in height, 45 mm by 154 mm in circumference.
- Weight: 364 grams.
- Colour: Pale apple green, getting richer and deeper in colour in the base.
Blowpipe pontilled, freeblown, everted lip, 19 clockwise turns of glass threading on neck.
Long-necked bottle in a stunning colour, with highly bubbled glass. If it’s possible for glass to feel older, this Type I Saddle Flask feels older than the others.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased October 2012, part of the Fairbourne Collection.
- Condition: Very minor loss of glass stringing, near mint.
- Related Works outside of this collection:
Similar piece in Victoria and Albert Museum; two examples in a private collection in India.