- Region: Likely Shiraz, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: Mid to late 1600s.
- Dimensions: 312 mm in height, 45 mm by 160 mm in circumference.
- Weight: 443 grams.
- Colour: Pale green aqua.
Blowpipe pontilled, freeblown, everted lip, 18 clockwise turns of stringing on neck.
Long-necked bottle – the only one in the collection at this time with substantial internal wear; perhaps that is why it “appears” older than the rest. The techniques are very similar across all specimens.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased June 2012 from the United Kingdom.
- Condition: Internal staining, very minor loss of glass stringing.
- Literature: Listed but unsold in a Christie’s auction in 2011-2012.
- Related Works outside of this collection:
Similar piece in Victoria and Albert Museum; two examples in a private collection in India.