- Region: Possibly Shiraz, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: 1700s.
- Dimensions: 154 mm in height, 96 mm circumference.
- Weight: 153 grams.
- Colour: Pale aqua.
1 ring of stringing on neck, everted lip, vertical ribbing, solid pontilled based. Circular glass “pocket” extends approximately 13 mm out from the side of the body.
Fascinating “pocket” on the exterior. Not a pour spout because there is no hole into the body. Very curious, hoping to someday see a parallel in a metal or pottery form and perhaps learn what this extra bit of glass was intended for.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased from the Fairbourne collection in November 2012.
- Condition: Very near mint.
- Related Works outside of this collection:
Unique in this variant.