- Region: Possibly Shiraz, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: Mid to late 1700s.
- Dimensions: 273 mm in height, 156 mm in circumference.
- Weight: 1115 grams.
- Colour: Blue aqua.
Blowpipe pontilled, freeblown, everted lip, 4 clockwise turns of glass threading on neck, extending down to the base.
An odd piece of glass that only begins to look familiar when it is placed close to a collection of Hookah Pipe Bases. At this point, my best guess is that this was a Persian-made hookah pipe base.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased October 2012 from the Fairbourne Collection.
- Related Works outside of this collection: