- Region: Possibly Persian.
- Estimated Date of Production: Mid 1800s.
- Dimensions: 270 mm in height, 85 mm in circumference.
- Weight: 307 grams.
- Colour: Medium Cobalt Blue.
Glass pontilled, freeblown.
Smaller than most sprinklers. Imperfections are obvious in this sprinkler – the tip of the mouth has sagged, and the base clearly touched against something in manufacture. There is a chip off the base, but the base is not round – it juts out at the chip point, and it looks as though the sprinkler touched some other object – glass or otherwise – and the blower merely pulled it away.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased July 2013, from California, USA.
- Condition: Chip as noted above, very much “in manufacture.” Light internal haze.
- Related Works outside of this collection:
Nothing quite like this small size yet.