- Region: Likely Shiraz, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: Mid to late 1700s.
- Dimensions: 302 mm in height, 180 mm in circumference.
- Weight: 931 grams
- Colour: Olive green.
Sand pontiled (no glass residue on base), freeblown, rouletted string rim. Sheared and unpolished (jagged) lip.
Looks for all the world like an oversized “horse’s hoof” dutch onion, except for the string rim.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased November 2012, formerly in the Brintnall and Fairbourne collections.
- Condition: Near mint.
- Related Works outside of this collection: