- Region: Likely Shiraz, Persia.
- Estimated Date of Production: Mid to late 1600s.
- Dimensions: 268 mm in height, 120 mm in circumference.
- Weight: 496 grams.
- Colour: Aqua.
Blowpipe pontilled, freeblown, ribbed, everted lip, 17 clockwise turns of glass threading on neck, blown from a single piece of glass (foot not added later). Curiously, as of May 2013, the open space in the foot appears to be 80-85% filled with cloudy liquid. Curious to know how and when it got trapped inside.
Very crude glass, filled with impurities.
- Built By:
- Provenance: Purchased March 2013 from Paris, France.
- Condition: Minor loss of glass stringing on the neck. Some external areas of staining – likely a dug piece.
- Related Works outside of this collection:
One footed decanter in a collection in Australia, six in a collection in India.